Refer to the video Troubleshooting the Zebra Printer.
Ask and Answer the troubleshooting questions when experiencing the following or similar issues.
- Printer Timed Out when configuring to Wi-Fi.
- Pairing is unsuccessful.
- Printer says it is connected but will not print.
- Printer will not connect to Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
- Printer is not discoverable in the iPad Settings or on the Jolt App.
- Losing connection after being setup successfully.
- Status reads unknown.
Refer to the screenshots to distinguish the difference between Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections.
Is there any interference when trying to connect to Bluetooth or Wi-Fi?
- Refer to the article, Interference | Printer Troubleshooting to learn more.
What generation of iPad is being used?
- iPad's must be a second Generation or higher. This includes any generation of iPad Airs, Pros, and iPad Minis.
What version of the Jolt: Employee Management app is being used?
- Ensure the app is on the most recent version of Jolt. Go to the App Store then select Updates to check for available updates.
Is the iOS version updated?
- Go into the iPad Settings, select General then Software Updates to check for available updates.
Is the iPad connected to a reliable Wi-Fi network?
- The iPad must be connected to a private network or a password protected network. Non compatible networks would be; a guest network with no password and a network which requires accepting user terms and conditions or adding user credentials after connecting. These networks are not reliable and do NOT work for setting up the printer.
Is the Bluetooth successfully paired?
- If there is more than one iPad in the Location, temporarily turn off the Bluetooth on all other devices as it can cause problems during setup.
- Restart the iPad. This is different than just turning it off then back on. Refer to the Apple support article for instructions: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- If the Bluetooth reads either Not Connected or Connected, reset it before moving forward. Go to the iPad Settings go to Bluetooth then select on the "i." From here select Forget This Device then turn off the Bluetooth then back on to reconnect.
Is the printer not discoverable?
- If the printer is not showing up in Configured Printers or Printers Not Yet Configured refer to the article, Printer Not Showing Up in Jolt App.
Is the printer showing that it connected but is still not printing?
- Reset the printer by referring to the article, Hard Reset.
Once all troubleshooting steps have been completed the Zebra Printer should now connect successfully.
Refer to the different setup guides depending on the printer status.
- Zebra Printer | Alternative Setup (Setup for Second Generation iPads)
- Zebra Printer | Main Setup. (Setup for Third Generation iPads or higher)
- Configured Printers | Connected or Not Connected, if the printer was previously connected it should be listed under Configured Printers.
- Printers Not Yet Configured | Connected or Not Connected, if the printer has not been connected previously it should be listed under Printers Not Yet Configured.