Click HERE to view a video on troubleshooting the Zebra Printer.
When experiencing issues with connecting the Zebra printer to the iPad, there are a series of questions you will need to ask before moving forward.
- What generation of iPad you are using?
It must be a second Generation or higher. This includes any generation of iPad Airs, Pros, and iPad Minis.
2. What version of Jolt: Employee Task Management and Checklists app for the iPad are you using?
To make sure your Jolt app is updated, go to the app store, go to Updates in the
bottom right, and you can see from there if any updates are available.
3. Is your iOS version updated?
Go into the iPad Settings, select General, and then Software Updates and make sure you have the most recent update for your iPad.
- Is your iPad connected to a reliable Wi-Fi network?
It will need to be connected to a private network. DO NOT connect to a guest network, as it is not reliable. To check these settings, go into iPad Settings and then Wi-Fi. Ensure it is a password protected network only. If you need to accept user terms and conditions, or add any credentials, then that Wi-Fi network will NOT work for setting up the printer.
- Is your Bluetooth paired with the iPad you are using?
If you have more than one iPad in your Location and you are trying to connect a second, please temporarily turn off the Bluetooth on all other devices during the setup. If another iPad is paired via Bluetooth, then it will conflict with the setup.
*Connect to Bluetooth before connecting to Wi-Fi.
- Go to Bluetooth, and below “My devices” tap on the printer serial number to Connect
your printer to bluetooth.
- In the Jolt app go to Settings and Printers.
If this printer was previously connected, it should be listed under Configured Printers and the status should read connected. Please see the article Zebra Printer Troubleshooting - Configured Printers
If the printer connections are not under Configured Printers, or their status is not connected, See the article, Zebra Printer Troubleshooting - Printers Not Yet Configured
If your printer is not showing up in Configured Printers or Not Yet Configured Printers see the article, Zebra Printer Troubleshooting - Printer Is Not Showing Up What printers are showing as connected?
Under Configured Printers you should see two printer connections. One will be called Zebra BT with the serial number (BT stands for Bluetooth so this connection is via BT), the other will just say Zebra with the serial number (this is Wi-Fi Connection).
*If there is not a Wi-Fi connection listed, you will need to Configure Wi-fi.
- To configure Wi-Fi, select Zebra BT (with the serial number) then select Config Wi-Fi.
- Put in your Wi-Fi Password then press configure. This can take a few minutes depending on your Network. The printer will cycle through the status lights.
- Once the connection to the Wi-Fi is successful, you will need to select the connection
under Printers Not Yet Configured.
- Perform a test print to make sure it is connected properly, then give it a description.
The description can be any name, but best practice is to put “Wi-Fi” in the description to easily recognize that this is the wifi connection. Then press save, it will now show up under Configured Printers.
We recommend keeping your Bluetooth on so that your printer will still print via Bluetooth in case you ever experience issues with your Wi-Fi. If you have further questions or issues please reach out to Jolt Support.