Go to the Jolt App under Settings then Printers.
If your printer connection is listed under Configured Printers but is still not printing ensure it says Status, Connected.
1. If it says connected but will not print, then the printer has lost it’s connection and you will need to start over.
a. You will need to Hard Reset the printer before moving forward.
b. Then reconnect your printer with the Zebra Printer Setup.
1. If under Configured Printers the status reads Not Connected:
a. Be sure that Bluetooth in the iPad settings is turned on.
b. Be sure that all other iPad devices in the area have Bluetooth turned off.
2. If the Bluetooth is on but not connected go into the iPad Settings then Bluetooth and connect to it there. If it does not connect Forget the Device and then reconnect again. You may also need to restart your iPad.
3. Now Configure to Wi-Fi by selecting on the BT connection.
a. Select Config Wi-Fi.
b. Input your Password.
c. Select Configure.
4. This can take a few minutes depending on your Network. It’s going to cycle through the status lights on the printer.
You can only have one iPad connected to the printer through bluetooth at a time which is why we highly recommend connecting to WiFi. It is a better connection, and you are able to use multiple iPads when using the printer.
5. Once the setup is successful your Printer will display under Printers Not Yet Configured.
a. Select the printer and give it a description. This can be any name, but the best practice would be to put WiFi.
b. Press save, it'll will move up to Configured Printers and it is ready to print.
You will now see two connections for the same printer showing under Configured Printers. One is the Bluetooth Connection, and the other, the WiFi.
We recommend keeping your Bluetooth on so that your printer will still print via Bluetooth in case you ever experience issues with your WiFi.