On the Jolt iPad app, under Settings and Printers, check if your printer is listed under Printers Not Yet Configured. If your Printer is under Printers Not Yet Configured check to see if the status says “Connected”.
A. NOT CONNECTED
- If your printer says Not Connected, then the printer has lost it’s connection and you will need to select the printer connection, and then select Delete. Click HERE for instructions on how to Configure your Zebra printer.
- If Connected, Select the printer do to a Test print to ensure functionality
- Give it a name in the description (best practice is to put “Bluetooth” in the description if the printer says Zebra BT, because this is the Bluetooth Connection)
- Press save and you will see your printer move up to Configured Printers
From here, you may need to configure to the Wi-Fi if only the Zebra BT is showing.
- Select the printer connection
- Select Config Wi-Fi
- Put in your Wi-Fi password
- Select configure (this can take a few minutes depending on your Network. It’s going to cycle through the status lights on the printer)
You can only have one iPad connected to the printer through bluetooth at a time which is why we highly recommend connecting to Wi-Fi. It is a better connection, and you are able to use multiple iPads when using the printer.
- After you have successfully connected the Wi-Fi select the printer that’s now showing up under Printers not Yet Configured
- Do a test print to make sure it is connected properly
- Give it a description (best practice is to put “Wi-Fi” in the description to easily recognize that this is the wifi connection)
- Press save, it should now show that it is Connected in Configured Printers
You will now see two printers showing under Configured Printers; you will see one is connected via Bluetooth, the other is connected via Wi-Fi. Your Zebra Printer set up was successful.
We recommend keeping your Bluetooth on so that your printer will still print via Bluetooth in case you ever experience issues with your Wi-Fi. If you have further questions or issues please contact Jolt support.