There are two ways to input labels and categories into to Jolt’s custom labeling system. The first part of this tutorial will teach you how to create individual categories and labels, one at a time. The second part of this tutorial will save you time by teaching you more about the Bulk Import feature, allowing you to input multiple labels all at one once. Please follow along with this tutorial to learn more.
Click HERE to view the Labeling Quickstart video.
1. Navigate to Content and then Labels.
2. Select the Categories tab.
3. Click +New Category.
4. Name and select a color for the category here. Be sure to save any changes you make.
5. Select the Labels tab.
6. Choose +New Label.
7. Name the label.
8. Choose a category.
9. Select desired Template. There will be several options available to you depending on your preferences.
10. Add Note (Optional).
11. Add Duration Fields. This is where you can choose the holding time for the product.
12. Write your prompt in the Expire Text box. One example you could input in this space would be, "Must Use By".
13. Before saving, look at the label preview on the right side to make sure that you have inserted the everything correctly.
14. To create multiple labels you will want to use the Bulk Import feature. This option is located under the Label tab.
15. Through the Bulk Import option you can upload multiple labels at a time. You can either manually enter the information for each label or if you already have a spreadsheet with your labels listed you can copy and paste this information into Jolt. To copy and paste you will want to select the data from your file and use Ctrl C/Cmd C (PC/Mac Users) to copy and Ctrl V/Cmd V (PC/Mac Users) to paste into Jolt’s spreadsheet.
16. Once you have filled in all the necessary information, select Save All.
17. Keep in mind that as you add categories through Bulk Import, if you have not already created them, they will automatically be created once you import. If you would like a specific color associated with each category you will need to go back into the Categories tab and change the color from the default selected.