This tutorial will teach you how to add new items to label templates. There are several customizable options within this feature. If you have not created your own template please do so before following these steps. To create your own customized template please view the article, Customizing Label Templates.
Click HERE to view the video Adding New Items to Label Templates.
1. Go to Content and then Labels.
2. Select the Templates tab.
3. Click on any template listed to edit.
4. Select the + button in the top right corner of the green row to add an item.
5. A new window will appear with 3 categories. The categories are called Entered on This Template, Entered on Each label, and Automatic.
6. Hovering over an item allows a brief description to appear below.
7. At the bottom of the page, when you are not hovering over any items, you will see a guide to help you understand the different item types.
8. Entered on This Template indicates that when you add these items to your template, the text will be the same on all labels that use this template.
9. Entered on Each label indicates that when you add these items to your template, the text will be different on each of the labels that use this template. For example, if you use Label Name as one of your items, one label may have the text "Chicken" and another "Pork".
10. Automatic indicates when you add these items to your template, the printed text will be automatically changed according to the various factors (location, employee, date, time, etc.).
NOTE: Our new labeling system is not compatible with Brother printers.