A quick calibration is sometimes necessary if the temperature probe stops giving accurate readings. Before calibrating double check that the tip is not loose and that the batteries are charged/new. If the batteries are new, try reseting the probe by turning it off, removing the batteries and then inserting them back into the probe.
To calibrate the probe follow these steps:
1. Create an ice bath by filling a cup to the very top with ice and then adding water until you are 1/2 inch from the top. Make sure that the ice is still touching the bottom of the cup, drain some of the water if needed.
2. Let the ice bath sit for a minute.
3. In the Jolt app on the iPad, use the left menu and go to Tools, then Thermometer.
4. Turn the probe on by pressing the power button.
5. Once connected and the numbers start appearing on the iPad screen, insert the Probe into the cup and stir the ice mixture with the probe needle to ensure an accurate reading. Do not let the probe rest against a piece of ice or the bottom of the cup, keep stirring until the temperature drops to 32°F.
6. If you have followed each of these steps and the temperature reading is not 32°F or within + or - .8°F please contact Jolt Support.