Email, text and push notifications are sent to employees and management for various scheduling alerts. Follow the steps provided to turn notifications on and off for employees. This tutorial will also cover which notifications go to employees with differing levels of access in Jolt.
Push notifications are sent to employees when:
a. The schedule is published
b. A shift has become available for a pickup (this is only for people in the same role)
c. An employee requests to trade shifts (this is only for people in the same role)
d. Your shift trade, time off, or availability requests are approved or denied
In addition to the previously mentioned notifications, people in roles with Location Website Admin access receive push notifications for the following:
a. Time off requests
b. Availability requests
c. Someone picks up a shift
d. The second party accepts a Shift Trade
Email, push, and text notifications are sent out to employees when the schedule is published. If the schedule is changed after publication and then republished, notifications will be sent ONLY to those who have had changes made to their shifts and to those with Location Website Admin access.
Take the following steps to turn on text, email, and push notifications for scheduling:
Login to the Jolt Web Portal, go to People > People.
1. Select an employee that you would like to start receiving scheduling notifications.
2. In the person profile scroll down to the end of the page, under Scheduling Notification Settings.
3. Check Email, Text, and Push Notifications as desired.
4. If you are selecting notification settings for multiple employees be sure to use the Bulk Edit option. This is also located on the People page.
5. Bulk Edit will allow you to quickly check off notification settings for each employee.