This setup is specific to Third Generation iPads or higher, this includes any iPad Mini's, Pro's or Air's. This connects the printer directly to the Wi-Fi using Low Energy Bluetooth. If the iPad being used is not a third generation or higher, refer to the article Zebra Printer | Alternative Setup.
- Download and Install Jolt on the iPad or Update the Jolt iPad App.
- Ensure the most recent version of iOS is downloaded.
If there are any issues during setup, refer to the Troubleshooting Checklist | Zebra Printer.
If this is a new printer, before configuring, refer to the article Zebra Printer | Hardware Setup.
Zebra Printer Wi-Fi Configuration
Before configuring, ensure the iPad is connected to a private Wi-Fi network. The iPad must be connected to a private network or a password protected network. Non compatible networks would be; a guest network with no password and a network which requires accepting user terms and conditions or adding user credentials after connecting. These networks are not reliable and do NOT work for setting up the printer.
1. Open the Jolt: Employee Management app, go to Settings then Printers.
2. At the top of the Printer Setup page select WiFi Config.
3. Select the Zebra Printer, it start with 50J and is follow by a series of numbers.
4. Enter in the Wi-Fi password and then select Configure.
5. During this process, the iPad filters through different steps and the printer cycles through the indicator lights. Do not close the App or let the iPad go to sleep.
6. Once this process is complete, on the iPad it will say The WiFi setup was Successful and on the Printer the Status Indicator and Network Lights will both be green.
7. Once the setup is Successful select Done.
a. If the screen says that setup was Not Successful and that it timed out, the password was inputted incorrectly and it will need to be inputted again.
8. The Zebra Printer will display under Printers Not Yet Configured
9. Select on it and then give it a Description.
a. An example is, the location or the printer connection (ex. Kitchen Wi-Fi, Zebra Wi-Fi).
10. Select a Label Size, if it has not defaulted to the correct one.
11. Label Orientation and Label Offset are auto set, do not adjust these.
12. Select Save.
The Wi-Fi connection will display under Configured Printers.