Click HERE for a video on how to Quickstart Jolt Scheduling
1. Go to Scheduling > Schedule.
2. Select View > Day.
3. Select View > Role.
4. Click +Add/Remove Role to Scheduling to add roles to the schedule. You can find more instructions on this in the article Add/Remove Role to Scheduling.
a. If it says you don’t have any roles, go to People > Roles > +New Role.
5. To create a shift, simply click on the schedule at a specific time and then drag your mouse to the left or right. Repeat this step until you have created the perfect “template” for this day and eventually the week.
a. This will create unassigned shifts which is ok because we will show you how to assign them the quickest way in the next steps.
b. If you need multiple people to be working the same shift, you can make this process faster by right clicking on a shift you created and selecting Duplicate. This will create a second shift, exactly the same as the one you just made.
6. Select View > Week
7. Select View > Role then Person
8. Click +Add/Remove Employee to add employees to the role.
9. Click, hold, and drag the unassigned shifts to the appropriate employees.
a. When you right click a shift and select Edit, you will have some advanced options that include things like Stations and Mark as volume.
b. When changing the time under Edit, it’s easiest to use the arrow keys on your keyboard.
10. The i icon indicates that this shift had changes made to it after the schedule was published. You will need to republish in order to inform employees of the change.
11. Select Edit > Copy Week to copy the entire week. To paste, switch to a future week and at the top where you see Copied to Clipboard, this will change to say Paste and Replace or Paste and Merge.To learn the difference between these options, please see the article What is the difference between 'Paste and Merge' and 'Paste and Replace'? Choose which option you would like and then confirm your choice.
a. To copy a day, follow these exact same steps exact make sure you have the Day view selected, instead of Week view.
12. Click Distribute > Publish when your schedule is complete and you are ready to send out notifications.
13. Your schedule will be sent to all employees via email, text and/or the Jolt Lite phone app depending on their notification settings in their Jolt Account. For instructions on how they change their settings, see the article Invite Employees to Your Account.
a. If the schedule changes after it is published, only the employees that are affected by the change will be notified.
14. You can add in any notes or reminders to be sent out with this week’s schedule for your team to review and see before they come in for work.
15.Before publishing, confirm that all roles and people have been assigned and that there are no warnings.
16. Click Publish.
17. While the schedule is being published, you can continue using the rest of the site.
18. Confirm that your schedule has been published with the date and time.