Refer to the video to learn more on Building a Scheduling.
For a schedule to be built, the following must be completed first.
- Start by creating people and roles, refer to the articles Add a Person and Create and Edit Roles.
- Assign roles to the schedule, refer to the article Adding and Removing Roles | Scheduling.
- Edit the color of the role, refer to the article Role Color | Scheduling.
Login to the Jolt Web Portal, go to Scheduling then Schedule.
1. Selected the desired View when building the schedule. Refer to the article Schedule View.
Create/Edit a Shift
2. Select anywhere on the schedule to open a new shift.
a. Select on the specific day or hour to create a more accurate time.
3. Create the Shift Start Time and Shift End Time.
a. Refer to the article, Mark as Volume.
4. Change the Employee and the Role.
5. Create Stations, this is specific to the shift, refer to the article Stations | Schedule.
6. Then select Save.
7. Once the shift is created, it can be duplicated by right clicking on it.
8. Shifts can be clicked on and then dragged to different people and times.
9. Repeat these steps until the a full schedule has been built.
Save and Apply Schedule
1. Once the schedule has been built, save it as Template to apply to future weeks. When it is applied all shifts display in Unassigned Shifts.
a. Refer to the article Create/Apply Shift Templates.
2. The week can also be copied. This allows the shifts to stay assigned to the same people.
3. Select Edit and then Copy Week.
4. Switch to a future week and at the top where you see Copied to Clipboard, you will see the options:
a. Paste and Replace: This will apply all shifts and delete any shifts you have listed for the week.
b. Paste and Merge: This will apply all shifts and keep any shifts you have listed for the week.
c. Clear Clipboard: This will cancel the week that you copied and will not make any changes.
To Publish the week:
Select Distribute and then Publish. This will send out notifications to your employee notifying them of their schedule. Refer to the article Scheduling Notification Settings and Types.
To Print the week:
Refer to the article, Print Schedule | Web Portal.
If changes need to be made after it has been published it can be unlocked and edited. Once the edits have made made republish the schedule. Only the employees that are affected by the change will be notified.