When you login to a new company account for the very first time, this is the screen/page that you will see.
1. Click the + New Location button to create your first location. Every feature within Jolt requires a location so this step is extremely important if you want to use the Jolt platform in anyway.
a. If you manage multiple brands, click the + New Content Group in the top right to add another content group.
2. Input Location Name.
a. Store numbers and/or city for the name work really well.
3. Input Contact Information.
4. Select Appropriate Timezone Settings.
a. WARNING: Make sure you set the timezone to be where the physical location of this store is located. If your company office is in a different timezone, do not input the company's timezone.
b. The timezone setting is permanent. Once you save this page, you will not be able to change the timezone again.
5. Upload Logo if you would like
6. Click Create when you are finished.
Now that you have created a location, in the top right of the page you will see what we call your company switcher. Understanding the different modes is critical. By rule of thumb, if you only have one location and don't plan to expand anytime soon, create everything (Roles, People, Checklists and Forms, Information, etc) in Location mode and ignore Content Group Mode. If you plan to expand soon or already have multiple locations, create everything in Content Group Mode. if there is any confusion, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Content Group Mode: Changes you make will affect all your Locations within this Content Group.
8. Location Mode: Changes you make will only affect the selected Location.
a. For more information, please reference the article What is Location vs. Content Group Mode?
9. Next steps are to create Roles. Open up the left menu and click on People.
10. Click on Roles.
11. Click the + New Role button. Examples include Admin, Manager (District/General), Shift Leader, Team Member.
12. Click Role Access Settings to mass edit access permissions for multiple roles.
13. Input Role Details.
14. Determine Access.
a. For more information on each of these settings, please reference the article Creating a Role Within Jolt.
15. Desserts First Content: Don't worry about this section during this phase of the setup. You will manage these settings once you start uploading and creating content.
a. If you want to start creating information now, please reference the article Add Information.
b. If you want to start creating lists now, please reference the article Create a List.
16. Click Save when you are finished.
17. Next steps are to add People. Open up the left menu and click on People.
18. Click on People again.
19. Click the + New Person button.
20. Click Bulk Import to add multiple people at one time.
21. Input Basic Information.
a. Hourly Rate is important if you are using our Scheduling module and are wanting to calculate labor costs.
22. Input Contact Information.
a. This section is important if you want the person to receive text/email notifications. Make sure on the phone number that you also include the mobile carrier or else it will not work.
b. Your employees can each enter this information for themselves once you invite them to the account. For instructions on how to do this, please reference the article Invite Employees to Your Account.
23. Assign a Role and Location. You can add any person to as many roles as you wish.
a. This section is critical because if the person does not have a role and location, they will not show up on the iPad or be able to log in to their web profiles.
24. Assign pin for iPad Access.
a. This needs to be a 4-digit number that the person will use to log in/clock in to the iPad.
25. Give Account Access.
a. Enter the person's email then click Invite to invite them to access the Jolt account.
b. For more information on access, please reference Control Level of Access When You Invite a Person.
26. Click Create when you are finished.
27. The next step is to add a device. Open up the left menu and click on Settings > iPad Devices.
28. Follow the 6 steps found under Connect a Device to connect an iPad device to the selected location. For more information on this step, please reference the article Download and Install Jolt: Employee Task Management and Checklists app.
a. For steps to set up the allowed access on your iPad, please reference iPad Restrictions.