Install Jolt on Your iPad
The following will give you step-by-step instructions for installing the Jolt app on your device and setting it up for your employees to access.
Click HERE for a video on how to Connect an iPad | Sync an iPad to your Account.
1. Click on the App Store Icon.
2. Search for Jolt in the search box found in the top right corner of the App Store. The full name of the app is Jolt: Employee Task Management and Checklists.
3. Click Get.
4. Click Install.
5. Either select Use Existing Apple ID to use an Apple ID that you already created for your business iPads, or select Create New Apple ID to create a new one for this purpose.
a. We recommend using an Apple ID that is specific to your business instead of a personal account. This allows you to manage all of your business devices under one account.
6. The Jolt App will begin to install
7. Click the physical Home Button to return to the home screen of the iPad. You will see Jolt installing.
a. If you don’t see the Jolt App icon, you may need to swipe to the next screen on the iPad. To do this, place your finger on the right side of the screen, and drag it to the left side of the screen.
8. Once the Jolt App is installed, you can click on the Jolt icon.
9. Once the Jolt App opens, make sure that you select Allow when prompted to grant Jolt access to your location. Many features in Jolt require this to operate correctly.
10. The username it asks for here is not referring to the username and password that you created for the account. These are generated on your Jolt Web Account.
11. Access Settings > iPad Devices to obtain the username and password.
12. Enter the username and password into the iPad, then select Next.
13. Name your iPad.
14. Return to your Jolt Web account, press the button Refresh Devices Table.
15. Select Approve.
16. Return to the iPad, select Next.
17. Wait for the records to download.
a. Please do not close the Jolt app or turn off the iPad while the initial sync is running. Once Synced Just Now appears in the top bar, the iPad is fully up to date.
The following will show you how to enable app crash data to be shared with Jolt. This is essential so that if your devices ever have a problem, Jolt will have the information it needs to be able to help you resolve the issue.
1. Click on the Settings icon.
2. Click on Privacy then click on Diagnostics & Usage.
3. Check the Automatically Send option and make sure that Share With App Developers is ON (green).