You can enable Restrictions on your iPads. These Restrictions will allow you to lock down the iPads to only the features that you want employees to access.
Installing the Jolt App
Please make sure you have installed the Jolt App from the app store before proceeding to the following steps (please reference Installing Jolt). It is still possible to install apps after following the steps below, but it is easiest if you have installed and opened the necessary apps before proceeding.
Setting Up Restrictions
You can enable and adjust Restrictions on your device to prevent access to specific features or content on the device. Please make sure your device is updated to iOS 10.0 or later.
1. Click on the Settings icon
2. Click General and then Restrictions.
3. Click Enable Restrictions.
4. Enter a 4 digit Passcode that you will remember.
a. It is extremely important that you remember this Passcode. If you would like you can send an email, including the 4 digit pin you select, to Support@Joltup.com with “Company iPad Pin” as the subject. This way, if you require assistance in the future, our support personnel will be able to assist you.
b. If you lose or forget your Restrictions passcode, you will need to perform a factory reset using these instructions to remove the restrictions.
5. Once Restrictions are enabled, we recommend that you restrict access to the following applications and features (make sure the switch to the right of each of the following items is NOT green):
- iTunes Store
- iBooks Store
- In-App Purchases
6. Click on Websites in the Allowed Content section
7. Click Specific Websites Only
8. In the section called Only Allow These Websites place your finger on each item and slide your finger to the left. This will reveal the Delete button. Press Delete to delete each item.
9. Click Add a Website…
10. Add Jolt as the Title and joltup.com as the URL, then select Done.
11. Add other websites that you would like your employees to be able to access such as your brand’s website, ordering websites, etc.
12.Your employees will not be able to access sites that are not included in the restrictions.
13. Click Restrictions
14. Under the Game Center section, make sure that the following features are turned off (make sure the switch to the right of each of the following items is NOT green):
- Multiplayer Games
- Adding Friends