Refer to the video, 18 Different Item Types, to learn more.
When creating a list, there are 18 List Item Types to choose from. Select +New List Item to view these items. Below are the list item types and their descriptions.
- Checkmark: Select the checkmark to complete the task.
- Yes/No: Choose between a Yes or No response.
- Signature: Digitally sign your name.
- Employee: Select an any employee from your location. This List Item allows you to run reports on individuals in the Browse List section under Review.
- Multiple Choice: Choose a response from a drop down list of options.
- Free Response: Type out a lengthy response, 300 character limit.
- Short Entry: Type out a short response, 17 character limit.
- Photo: Take a picture. This item works great for maintenance requests, damage reports, and any other situation where you think “picture proof” or clarification would be important. From the iPad, you can take notes and attach pictures to all the different item types presented in this document. Refer to the video.
- QR codes: This item requires employees to physically take the iPad to a location where the QR code is placed and scan the QR code in order to complete the item. The code is created on the website and then printed off of the computer. It works great to laminate the code and then you can stick it in your operations wherever you want. They also remove what many people call “pencil whipping” and ensure that employees are in the correct place at the correct time. Examples of this include restroom checks, parking lot and dumpster checks, play area checks, and other store walk-thru checks. Refer to the video to learn how to complete lists with photos and QR codes.
- Barcode: This item has the same functionality as QR codes. Refer to the video on how to setup and use QR code and Barcode list items.
- Measurement: A number pad will display that then allows user to input a numeric value.
- Rating 1-5: Select a number from 1-5.
- Rating 1-10: Select a number from 1-10.
- Date: Select a date from a calendar popup
- Time: Select a time from a clock popup
- Date-Time: Select a date and time from a combined calendar/clock popup
- Text: A user does not fill out or complete anything with this item. This item is used for information only, and is a way to add clarifications, descriptions, terms, etc. to different lists.
- Subtitle: A user does not fill out or complete anything with this item. This item is typically used as a sub header so that lists can be divided into different sections.