To learn more please refer to the article Managing a list of Making assignments on the iPad (iPad Admins).
1. Open the Jolt app for the iPad, enter your 4 digit pin.
2. Select Lists from the pop out menu.
3. Under Mode select Manage to change the mode.
a. If Manage is greyed out, it means you do not have permission to manage any lists.
4. Select the drop down arrow by Assign To: Select Employee, from here you can choose a person to complete a task.
5. Select if this is a Temporary Assignment (unlocked) or a Permanent Assignment (Locked).
a. Temporary Assignment: Assignments you make, will only apply to this particular instance of the list (this time the list is displayed).
b. Permanent Assignment: Assignments you make, will also apply to future instances of this list (each time the list is displayed).
c. Can’t assign to…: This ensures that you do not assign a person to a list that they don’t have permission to complete.
Completing the Assignment
The employed was assigned several tasks by the manager. When the employee logs into the iPad and goes to Lists then changes the Mode, To Do: Mine, and then sees the tasks that are assigned to them.
Viewing the Assignment
On the Home page, every employee can see exactly how many items have been specifically assigned to. Not only can they see the number of items assigned, but they can also see when the next assignment is due. This is extremely valuable for managers so that they can see at a glance if an employee is done with their assignments. This allows managers to quickly see if they can release an employee at the end of the employee’s shift.