If the WiFi indicator light isn't flashing after Step 1
- Press and hold the WiFi button. The light should then begin flashing. The printer broadcasts its own WiFi signal, which we will be connecting to, and this button turns on that signal. Once the WiFi indicator light is flashing, you can move on to Step 2.
If you can't find SETUP under Devices
- Click to another menu in Settings and then back to WiFi to make sure the results have refreshed.
- Long-press the WiFi button on the Brother printer to make sure that it is on.
If you can't see Add New Printer
- Reset the iPad app. Do this by pressing the iPad home/circle button once to go to the iPad home screen, double tapping the home/circle button to have the iPad show all open apps, then swiping the Jolt app off the screen to close it. Then reopen the Jolt app as usual, using the Jolt icon.
- If you still don't see the green "Add New Printer" button, delete and reinstall the Jolt app.
If it is taking longer than 3 minutes for the app to say the printer is configured in Step 4
- Cancel out and restart the entire process from Step 1. It usually works the first time, but it occasionally takes two tries.
If you are still unable to connect to your printer
- Confirm that your iPad and printer are on the same internet network. This is an easy detail to overlook when there are multiple networks available. Try changing the iPad to the same network as the printer, and see if you can now connect.