Before you begin installation/drilling, ensure there are not any electrical, water, etc. lines or anything else that could be damaged in the wall. If you are not sure, hire an expert in construction to perform the installation.
*Note that there can be sharp corners and edges, so be attentive.
- Stainless Steel Base
- Stainless Steel iPad Case
- Four Screws
- A circular key
- iPad Charger
Materials Needed for Mounting (Optional):
- Stud Finder
- Electric Drill
- Washers and Screws
1. Gather your materials.
a. It is up to you to determine the appropriate materials for attaching your case to your chosen surface.
2. Determine where to mount your iPad case.
a. Example: Place it near an entryway, and choose a height that is low enough for all of your employees to comfortably lean over the front-facing camera.
3. The case is designed to face upward from a wall, or lean toward the employee from a level surface. You also have the option of orienting the iPad vertically or horizontally.
a. Choose a spot that can support the weight of the iPad and case. If you are mounting on a wall, you will want at least two of the four screws to go into a stud, so a stud finder will be useful.
4. Attach the base to the chosen surface. Align the holes on one side of the case with the stud. Use a level to determine that the iPad case is level.
5. With a pen/pencil, mark the location for the screws. Ensure you mark all four holes.
6. With the side that is not screwed into a stud, use an anchor to secure the screw. These can be found at any hardware store.
a. Follow the directions, of your purchase, on the packaging to install them.
7. Secure the case to the wall using a manual screwdriver or electric drill (opt.)
8. Once the base of the case is secured to the wall, feed the power cord of the iPad through the bottom of the case.
9. Take the back of the case and secure it on the base by using the small screws that came in the small bag attached by tape to your case.
10. After plugging in the charger to your iPad, with the cord facing the side opposite of the lock, you can place the iPad in the metal case.
11. While holding the iPad with your hand securely, place the top of the case, with the metal hooks connecting on the side closest to the charger.
12. Press in the center of the lock until it clicks.
Now your employees have a secure iPad for clocking in and out, completing tasks, or printing labels during the day.