IMPORTANT: Before you begin installation/drilling, make sure there aren’t any electrical, water, etc. lines or anything else that could be damaged in the wall. If you aren’t sure, hire an expert in construction to perform the installation. Note that there can be sharp corners and edges, so please be careful!
1. Gather your materials including the stainless steel base and iPad case, the four screws and circular key that came in the bag, your iPad and iPad charger in addition to a stud finder, screwdriver, level and drill. Washers and drills will be appropriate for attaching the case to your chosen surface.
a. Disclaimer: it is up to you to determine the appropriate materials for attaching your case to your chosen surface.
2. Determine where to mount your iPad case, placing it near an entryway, and choosing a height that is low enough for all of your employees to comfortably lean over the front-facing camera.
a. Remember that the case is designed to face upward from a wall, or lean toward the employee from a level surface. You also have the option of orienting the iPad vertically or horizontally.
b. Finally, remember that you should pick a spot that can support the weight of the iPad and case. If you are mounting on a wall, you will want at least two of the four screws to go into a stud, so a stud finder can be helpful here.
3. Attach the base to the chosen surface. Line up the holes on one side of the case with the stud. Use a level to determine that the iPad case is level.
4. With a pen/pencil, mark the location for the screws. Make sure to mark all four holes completely.
5. With the side that is not screwed into a stud, use an anchor to secure the screw. These can be found at any hardware store. Follow the directions on the packaging to install them.
6. Secure the case to the wall using an electric or manual screwdriver.
7. Now that the base of the case is secured to the wall, feed the power cord of the iPad through the bottom of the case.
8. You can now take the back of the case and secure it on the base by using the small screws that came in the small bag attached by tape to your case.
9. After plugging in the charger to your iPad, with the cord facing the side opposite of the lock, you can place the iPad in the metal case.
10. Holding the iPad with your hand securely, place the top of the case, with the metal hooks connecting on the side closest to the charger.
11. Press in the center of the lock until it clicks, then you're ready to go!
12. Now your employees have a secure iPad for clocking in and out and completing tasks during the day.