IMPORTANT: Before you begin installation/drilling, make sure there aren’t any electrical, water, etc. lines or anything else that could be damaged in the wall. If you aren’t sure, hire an expert in construction to perform the installation. Note that there can be sharp corners and edges, so please be careful!
1. You will need the following items before you begin installation including the stainless steel printer shelf, your printer and charger in addition to a stud finder, screwdriver, level and drill. Washers and drills will be appropriate for attaching the case to your chosen surface.
2. With a stud finder, find a stud in the wall that can be used to secure one side of the stainless steel date code printer shelf.
a. Remember that you should pick a spot that can support the weight of the iPad and case. If you are mounting on a wall, you will want at least two of the four screws to go into a stud.
3. Line up the holes on one side of the case with the stud. Use a level to determine that the date code printer case is level.
4. With a pen/pencil, mark the location for the screws. Make sure to mark all four holes completely.
5. Use a drill (and the appropriate size drill bit for the screws you selected to use), to drill a hole through the wall where the stud was found.
7. Secure the case to the wall using an electric or manual screwdriver.
8. Feed the printer power cord (and ethernet cable if applicable) through the back of the printer and place extra labels on the side for easy access. You are now ready to use your Zebra printer and case.