1. In your Jolt Web account, access Settings > Location. Scroll down to Time Clock
2. Allow Manual Punches allows employees to manually enter clock punches on the iPad. This is often useful if they forget to clock in or out. However, you will still be able to review and approve any of these manual punches.
3. Maximum Shift Length (in hours) is the maximum time an employee may be clocked in. If they are clocked in longer than this amount, their punch will appear under the Flagged Punches section of the Time Clock page.
4. Align Punches to Schedule? will flag punches that are before or after the punch window setting.
5. Block Early Punches will prevent employees from clocking in before the punch window setting.
6. Punch Window (in minutes) creates a window of time around the beginning or end of a shift where punches will be flagged. If this is set to 5 minutes, then any punches 5 minutes before or after a scheduled shift start/end will be flagged.
7. Pay Period is the number of days that go into each paychecks. You can select weekly, every two weeks, monthly, or twice monthly. Think of it as, "How often do I pay my employees?" If you pay your employees every Friday, you will select weekly.
8. First Day of Pay Period - This is where you tell Jolt what days you are going to pay your employees.
a. First Day of Pay Period/Weekly - Here you will select the day of the week that begins a new pay period. Jolt will consider the pay period to be the 7 days following the day you select.
b. Next Period Start Date/Every 2 weeks - Here you will select the day of the month that begins a soonest new pay period. Jolt will consider the pay period to be the 14 days following the day you select.
c. First Day of Pay Period/Monthly - Here you will select the day of the month that begins a new pay period. Jolt will consider the pay period to be all of the days up until that day occurs in the following month.
d. 1st Period Start Date and 2nd Period Start Date/Twice Monthly - Here you will select the days of the month that you want the pay periods to start on. Jolt will consider the pay period to be every day until the next pay period start date.