1. From your Jolt web account, access People > Roles.
2. Select +New Role in the top right hand of the screen.
3. Name your role (i.e. Manager, Team Member)
4. From here you can change/update the name of your Role.
a. Employee Login iPad Timeout (minutes) allows you to decide how long you want your employees to stay logged in on the iPad by inputting a number.
b. Use for Scheduling allows you to decide whether or not a role will be on the weekly schedule. This is useful for those roles that do not need to be scheduled, such as a District Manager. Leaving this unchecked for those kinds of roles will allow you to maintain your schedule with the necessary roles.
c. Group Labor Target lets you input the percentage of pay you want to be going to this group so that you can more easily view and understand your labor statistics in Scheduling. For more information on this feature, please reference the article Forecast Sales, Labor and Productivity Day View
d. Time Off Requests : Specific Day Limit lets you set a limit for how many employees within that role can take time off for any specific day.
e. Color sets the color that shifts in Scheduling will appear in for this role. This allows you to be able to visually distinguish between roles more easily.
5. Access lets you control the level of access for people within the Role.
a. Location Website Admin gives this role access to everything within the location's website. They can add/delete data, as well as approve/deny availability/time-off requests. They are not able to work in Content Group Mode.
b. iPad Admin gives this role access to everything on the iPad. They can edit iPad-specific settings on the iPad as well as the ability to add/manage people on the iPad.
c. Logbook Admin gives this role access to the reading and commenting on all logbook entries. Those without this access can only read and comment on entries they make.
6. Once people are created within Jolt, you can easily add employees in to the chosen Role.
7. Click on + New Notification, from here you can choose which list you would like the people in this role to be notified for, how you would like them to be notified, and when they will be notified.
a. You can also set these notifications from the lists themselves. For more information on how to do this, please reference the article Notifications (Text and Email).
8. Select Save to save this role.
Click HERE for a video on how to setup Roles