Refer to the video Configuring Your Date Code Label Printer (Zebra ZD410).
This setup is specific to Second Generation iPads, this connects from Bluetooth Classic to Wi-Fi or if Third Generation iPads that are having difficulty connecting with the Main Setup. Third Generation iPads or higher can configure through Low Energy Bluetooth to Wi-Fi. Refer to the article Zebra Printer | Main Setup to learn how to do this.
- Download and Install Jolt on the iPad or Update the Jolt iPad App.
- Ensure the most recent version of iOS is downloaded.
If there are any issues during setup, refer to the Troubleshooting Checklist | Zebra Printer.
If this is a new printer refer to the article, Zebra Printer | Hardware Setup.
Zebra Printer Bluetooth Classic Configuration
Only one iPad can be connected to the printer on Bluetooth. To finish the setup it must be connected to Wi-Fi.
1. Turn on Bluetooth for the iPad and turn off Bluetooth for other iPad devices in the Location.
2. Open the Jolt: Employee Management app, go to Settings then Printers.
3. Select Add Zebra then Select An Accessory will display.
4. Select the device that matches the serial number printed on the bottom of the Zebra printer.
a. This will begin with 50J.
5. Once the Bluetooth has connected, if it has not been connected before, it will display under Printers Not Yet Configured.
a. If it does not appear right away, select Refresh from the top right.
6. Select the Bluetooth Connection.
7. Add a Description.
a. An example is, the location or the printer connection (ex. Kitchen BT, Zebra Bluetooth).
8. Select a Label Size.
9. Label Orientation and Label Offset are auto set, do not adjust these.
10. Test Print a label to ensure it is connected properly.
a. If there is an error Calibrate the Printer.
11. Select Save.
12. The printer will display under Configured Printers.
a. If it says Disconnected, go to the iPad Settings then Bluetooth and connect.
Zebra Printer Wi-Fi Configuration
Configure the printer to Wi-Fi. There is not a cap for how many iPads cannot be connected to the printer when on Wi-Fi.
Before configuring, ensure the iPad is connected to a private Wi-Fi network. The iPad must be connected to a private network or a password protected network. Non compatible networks would be; a guest network with no password and a network which requires accepting user terms and conditions or adding user credentials after connecting. These networks are not reliable and do NOT work for setting up the printer.
1. In the Jolt: Employee Management app, go to Settings then Printers.
2. Select the Bluetooth printer (Zebra BT).
3. Select Config WiFi.
4. Enter the Wi-Fi Password and then select Configure.
5. During this process, the iPad filters through different steps and the printer cycles through the indicator lights. Do not close the App or let the iPad go to sleep.
6. Once this process is complete, on the iPad it will say The WiFi setup was Successful and on the Printer the Indicator and Network Lights will both be green.
7. Select Done.
8. If the screen says that setup was Not Successful and that it timed out either;
a. The password was inputted incorrectly and it will need to be inputted again.
b. The Bluetooth may been disconnected, in the article, Troubleshooting Checklist | Zebra Printer, refer to the question "Is the Bluetooth successfully paired?" to troubleshoot it.
9. The Wi-Fi Connection will display under Printers Not Yet Configured and read Connected.
10. Select on it and then add a Description.
a. An example is, the location or the printer connection (ex. Kitchen Wi-Fi, Zebra Wi-Fi).
11. Select a Label Size, if it has not defaulted to the correct one.
12. Label Orientation and Label Offset are auto set, do not adjust these.
13. Select Save.
Both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections will display under Configured Printers.