One of the best ways to clean up your schedule and condense roles down to just a few is to utilize the Stations feature. A station allows you to assign an employee to a certain area or task for their shift while maintaining their ability to trade shifts, and your ability to view the whole schedule without having to scroll through pages and pages of roles.
For example, if you currently have separate roles for FOH Cashier and FOH Greeter, you could combine the roles into one FOH role but assign employees stations for either Cashier or Greeter.
To use Stations:
1. From your Jolt Web Account access People > Stations.
2. Click the + button to create a new station. Examples include: Drive-Thru, Bagger, Biscuits, Fries, Cashier, etc.
3. Edit or delete these stations if you ever need to.
4. Go to Scheduling > Schedule.
5. Click on an existing shift or create a new shift to access the Edit Shift page.
6. Click inside the white space under Stations to select a station to assign to this person. You can choose from a list or start typing to filter through them.
7. Select Save.
8. Once you have published the schedule, your employees will see not only their role, but also their station for that shift.